is a row of five houses painted in five different colours. In each house
lives a person with a different nationality. The owners drink a certain
type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain
kind of pet. No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar
or drink the same beverage.
owns the fish?
are fifteen clues:
- The Brit lives in the red house.
- The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
- The Dane drinks tea.
- The green house is on the left of
the white house.
- The green house’s owner drinks
- The person who smokes Pall Mall
- The owner of the yellow house
- The man living in the centre house
- The Norwegian lives in the first
- The man who smokes Blends lives
next door to the one who keeps cats.
- The man who keeps the horse lives
next door to the man who smokes Dunhill.
- The owner who smokes Blue Masters
- The German smokes Prince.
- The Norwegian lives next door to
the blue house.
- The man who smokes Blends has a
next-door neighbour who drinks water.