that research fun you had our first quiz (Bikwil No. 25, May 2001)
here at last is . . .
Kwizz Gig 2
1. Which composer wrote the March-Past of the Kitchen Utensils?
2. According to legend, which European queen was
crowned five years after her death?
3. A certain mnemonic verse begins:
— I send a rhyme excelling
sacred truth and rigid spelling.
me the lexicon’s dull weight.
What is it intended to help us remember?
4. Who was the only Englishman ever to become Pope?
5. His transatlantic namesake wrote several historical novels, but this
historian wrote only one — Savrola. Who was he?
6. Which historian and scientist was asphyxiated while investigating an
7. The ending of which American novel underwent 39 rewrites before
8. Which rock classic begins with the words “Really don’t mind if you
sit this one out”?
9. Which nineteenth century artist painted 70 paintings in the last 70
days of his life?
10. Her clergyman uncle was a best-selling Victorian author, and she
was a spinster who walked for a week through hitherto unexplored West
African territory and made friends with the cannibal Fang tribe of Gabon.
What was her name?